- Testing Policy
- The DatapointLabs e-commerce pricing engine is able to provide instant quotes for all the standard tests performed by the laboratory. The pricing is considered to be firm for a period of one month. DatapointLabs will perform the measurements you request in conformance with relevant standards (ISO, ASTM, UL, etc.) and industry specifications. Prepared reports include test conditions, tabulated results, plots, and data analysis as applicable.
Our testing clock starts at 10:30 on the day all of the following are received:
Because of the wide variety of materials that we test, there are exceptional situations where unanticipated complexity of the test and material combination create a situation where we have to devote an extraordinary amount of time and effort to provide satisfactory results. Such situations become clear when your samples arrive in-house and are inspected prior to the start of testing. If we feel that the processing of your order requires extraordinary effort, we reserve the right to revise the delivery date and /or the price for your order and will notify you prior to accepting the job into our system. You may cancel your order without penalty if you do not wish to proceed with the work at the revised schedule/price.
- Correct, ‘ready to test’ material samples
- Test conditions and information needed to conduct the testing and perform data analysis.
- Material Identification and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Samples Policy
- Each test requires a specific type of test specimen. In many cases, test specimens are delivered to us exactly as required. Situations arise, however, where we need to do additional work to convert the supplied sample into test specimens. Such processes may include machining, molding, grinding or coating, to name a few. These operations are usually performed in-house but in complex cases, may need specialized external facilities. In prior discussions with you, we will know what operations are needed and will add charges for specimen preparation in your quotation, if necessary. In rare cases, we will not know until your samples arrive at our facilities. In such unanticipated circumstances, it may be necessary to revise the quotation to reflect the additional work. Also, sample preparation operations involve additional time, particularly if external contractors are involved; this may lead to a revised delivery time.
- Hazardous Material Declaration Policy
- Potentially hazardous materials for testing must be declared to our laboratory during the ordering process. It is our policy to require a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for each material to be tested and any by-product produced during their testing. It is imperative for the safety of our technicians and the continued operability of our lab for you to notify us of the nature and potential hazards of the materials to be tested. In addition, DatapointLabs does not ship hazardous materials; therefore it is the responsibility of the client to make shipping arrangements for the return of materials.
- Sub Contracting Policy
- Datapointlabs.com e-catalog contains a small number of tests that are not performed by our laboratory but are subcontracted to other laboratories that we feel have a quality standard comparable with our own. We do this as a convenience to you, to provide a more unified shopping experience. Wherever possible, these labs are accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). While we have an established relationship with our subcontractors, we do not have as much control on the outcome or delivery of these tests. Despite our best efforts, sub contractors may also change prices without notice. Upon receipt of an order into our system that includes sub contracted tests, we will immediately contact the sub contractor to confirm prices and delivery and inform you of any changes. Please note that our standard delivery policy does not apply to sub-contracted tests.
- Electronic Data Policy
- Because of security concerns with e-mail attachments and growing obsolescence of data diskettes, DatapointLabs has ceased to routinely deliver electronic data by these methods. As an alternative, clients requiring electronic data are encouraged to use the Matereality Data Delivery Service (DDS) by registering at www.matereality.com. Registration is free for active DatapointLabs clients. Matereality provides Private Material Databases that can store all your test results in TrueDigital format. You must provide us with your Matereality Login ID in order for us to deliver data to your private database in a timely manner.
- Confidentiality Policy
- All material data tested by DatapointLabs is the sole property of the client and is kept confidential unless directed otherwise by the client. For your protection, requests for delivery of data to additional recipients must be made in writing. The Matereality system can also be used for peer to peer and peer to group sharing of your test results.
- Delivery Policy
- Material testing and data delivery to our clients will be completed in as timely a manner as possible to ensure the reliability and accuracy that you have come to expect. You can check the status of your order(s) at any time by logging into your account at datapointlabs.com. You can choose from:
*GUARANTEED: If guaranteed delivery is not met, the pricing of your testing order will be reduced to our 5 DAY Standard price schedule for the same testing. Delivery cannot be guaranteed under unavoidable circumstances, i.e. power outages, mechanical failure, courier service disruption, Acts of God, or if you change the testing program while testing is in progress. DatapointLabs will notify you under such circumstances and provide a new projected delivery date.
- Standard – results shipped within 5 business days.
- Priority– results shipped within 2 business days– GUARANTEED*.
- Economy– results shipped within 15 business days.
Exceptions: Delivery times for the following types of testing are approximate and may change based on uncontrollable factors. DatapointLabs will provide only an estimated delivery date.
- Testing that extends beyond one week, such as long term fatigue, creep
- Testing for which sample conditioning is longer than the delivery time
- Large jobs with multiple materials beyond what can be tested in a timely manner.
- Custom testing where methodology and development effort is involved
- Retesting required from observed data drifts due to material instability or molding variations; client will be notified.
- Testing involving extraordinary sample preparation, or sub contracting; also refer to the Samples and Sub Contracting Policies
- Shipping Policy
- Payment information in the form of purchase order or credit card is needed prior to shipment of results. DatapointLabs ships test results by the following methods:
||1-2 Business Days
||Next Business Day
||Per FedEx Delivery Terms
||3 to 5 Business Days
||Customer Shipping Account # per your instructions
||by customer request only
|Customer Pick Up
||by customer request
Delivery of test results to additional recipients will be accommodated as far as possible, but the delivery deadline is only guaranteed for the primary recipient (who places the order).
- Payment Policy
- DatapointLabs accepts payment by major credit card or purchase order. Payment, payable in US funds, is due upon completion of services. If payment is by credit card, it will be charged upon delivery of test results. For payments by purchase order, invoices are mailed to the billing address provided by the client. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the billing information is correct and that the payment is processed expediently.
For the convenience of our clients paying by purchase order, we accept payment terms of net-30 days at no charge. Extended payment terms beyond 30 days can be made available at 1.5% per month, up to a maximum of 90 days. Copies of invoices are available 24/7 by logging on to www.datapointlabs.com.