- Testing Policy
- The DatapointLabs e-commerce pricing engine is able to provide instant quotes for all the standard tests performed by the laboratory. You can prepare your own quotes or our sales staff can assist you with this process. The pricing is considered to be firm for a period of one month.
Upon confirmation, your Order represents the official description of the testing that you require. Please check the details carefully in your Order. We will not accept responsibility for instructions submitted by other means. DatapointLabs will perform the measurements you request in conformance with relevant standards (ISO, ASTM, UL, etc.) and industry specifications. Prepared reports include test conditions, tabulated results, plots, and data analysis as specified for each test in the Data section of the test catalog. Additional deliverables can be requested at the time of order placement. Some of these may incur additional cost.
Our testing clock starts at 10:30 on the day all of the following are received:
Because of the wide variety of materials that we test, there are exceptional situations where unanticipated complexity of the test and material combination create a situation where we have to devote an extraordinary amount of time and effort to provide satisfactory results. Such situations become clear when your samples arrive in-house and are inspected prior to the start of testing. If we feel that the processing of your order requires extraordinary effort, we reserve the right to revise the delivery date and /or the price for your order and will notify you prior to accepting the job into our system. You may cancel your order without penalty if you do not wish to proceed with the work at the revised schedule/price.
- Correctly labeled, ‘ready to test’ material samples
- An Order Form containing all test conditions and information needed to conduct the testing and perform data analysis required.
- Material Identification and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Written confirmation to proceed with testing, Purchase Order, or Credit Card
We will make every attempt to accommodate changes made to the testing program while testing is in progress, including requests for additional deliverables. Note that this can result in additional cost and can affect your delivery date.
- Samples Policy
- Each test requires a specific type of test specimen. In many cases, test specimens are delivered to us exactly as required. Situations arise, however, where we need to do additional work to convert the supplied sample into test specimens. Such processes may include machining, molding, grinding or coating, to name a few. These operations are usually performed in-house but in complex cases, may need specialized external facilities. In prior discussions with you, we will know what operations are needed and will add charges for specimen preparation in your quotation, if necessary. In rare cases, we will not know until your samples arrive at our facilities. In such unanticipated circumstances, it may be necessary to revise the quotation to reflect the additional work. Also, sample preparation operations involve additional time, particularly if external contractors are involved; this may lead to a revised delivery time.
- Hazardous Material Declaration Policy
- Potentially hazardous materials for testing must be declared to our laboratory during the ordering process. It is our policy to require a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for each material to be tested and any by-product produced during their testing. It is imperative for the safety of our technicians and the continued operability of our lab for you to notify us of the nature and potential hazards of the materials to be tested. In addition, DatapointLabs does not ship hazardous materials; therefore it is the responsibility of the client to make shipping arrangements for the return or disposal of hazardous materials.
- Sub Contracting Policy
- Datapointlabs.com e-catalog contains a small number of tests that are not performed by our laboratory but are subcontracted to other laboratories that we feel have a quality standard comparable with our own. We do this as a convenience to you, to provide a more unified shopping experience. Wherever possible, we use ISO 17025 certified laboratories. While we have an established relationship with our subcontractors, we do not accept responsibility for the outcome or delivery of these tests. Despite our best efforts, sub contractors may also change prices without notice. Upon receipt of an order into our system that includes sub contracted tests, we will immediately contact the sub contractor to confirm prices and delivery and inform you of any changes. Please note that our standard delivery policy does not apply to sub-contracted tests.
- Electronic Data Policy
- Because of security concerns with e-mail attachments and growing obsolescence of data diskettes, DatapointLabs has ceased to routinely deliver electronic data by these methods. DatapointLabs now direct deposits all your material testing deliverables into your secure Matereality database: measured property data in TrueDigital™ format; test reports in PDF format; and any CAE-ready material cards that were created for you.
- Confidentiality Policy
- All material data tested by DatapointLabs is the sole property of the client and is kept confidential unless directed otherwise by the client. For your protection, requests for delivery of data to additional recipients must be made in writing. You can use the Matereality software to securely share your test results with your colleagues and collaborators.
- Delivery Policy
- Material testing and data delivery to our clients will be completed in as timely a manner as possible to ensure the reliability and accuracy that you have come to expect. You can check the status of your order(s) at any time by logging into your account at datapointlabs.com. You can choose from:
*GUARANTEED: If guaranteed delivery is not met, the pricing of your testing order will be reduced to our 5 business day Standard price schedule for the same testing. Delivery cannot be guaranteed under unavoidable circumstances, i.e. power outages, mechanical failure, courier service disruption, Acts of God, or if you change the testing program while testing is in progress. DatapointLabs will notify you under such circumstances and provide a new projected delivery date.
- Standard – results shipped within 5 business days.
- Priority– results shipped within 2 business days– GUARANTEED*.
- Economy– results shipped within 15 business days.
Exceptions: Delivery times for the following types of testing are approximate and may change based on uncontrollable factors. DatapointLabs will provide only an estimated delivery date.
- Testing that extends beyond one week, such as long term fatigue, creep
- Testing for which sample conditioning is longer than the delivery time
- Large jobs with multiple materials beyond what can be tested in a timely manner.
- Custom testing where methodology and development effort is involved
- Retesting required from observed data drifts due to material instability or molding variations; client will be notified.
- Testing involving extraordinary sample preparation, or sub contracting; also refer to the Samples and Sub Contracting Policies
- Shipping Policy
- Payment information in the form of purchase order or credit card is needed prior to shipment of results. DatapointLabs ships test results by the following methods:
|Matereality Direct Deposit
||Next Business Day
||Next Business Day
||Per FedEx Delivery Terms
||3 to 5 Business Days
||Customer Shipping Account # per your instructions
||by customer request only
|Customer Pick Up
||by customer request
Delivery of test results to additional recipients will be accommodated as far as possible, but the delivery deadline is only guaranteed for the primary recipient (who places the order).
- Payment Policy
- DatapointLabs accepts payment by major credit card or purchase order. Payment, payable in US funds, is due upon completion of services. If payment is by credit card, it will be charged upon delivery of test results. For payments by purchase order, invoices are mailed to the billing address provided by the client. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the billing information is correct and that the payment is processed expediently.
For the convenience of our clients paying by purchase order, we accept payment terms of net-30 days at no charge. Extended payment terms beyond 30 days can be made available at 1.5% per month, up to a maximum of 90 days. Copies of invoices are available 24/7 by logging on to www.datapointlabs.com.
We collect simple information such as your address and telephone numbers, but also take note of your technical interests, other relevant information you would like us to know, and what you may have ordered with us in the past. We do not store credit card information or social security numbers on our websites. Access to our information hosting servers is password protected and is also encrypted using SSL.
We use this information to guide your user experience and introduce you to offerings that match your interests and needs. We will periodically mail or e-mail you information related to your interests. You can opt out of receiving e-mails at registration or by contacting us at any time.
Our staff has access to information we collect from all our services to maintain, protect and improve them. Our employees are trained on the importance of information security to help avoid improper use of your information. We restrict access to your information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
All data generated at DatapointLabs is held private, and owned by the company of the individual requesting our services. Please see our Confidentiality Policy.
With your consent, we will share your information with individuals outside DatapointLabs and its affiliates when we have your consent to do so, if they have been copied in communications with us, or if they have been identified as collaborators/recipients of data.
For legal reasons, we will share information if required to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of DatapointLabs and its affiliates, or our users, as required or permitted by law.